If your main addictive behaviors involve live sexual relations, we suggest that you try one of the ‘S’ recovery groups instead of PA.
There are five 12-step groups for sexual addiction:
- Sexaholics Anonymous (SA)
- Sexual Recovery Anonymous (SRA)
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA)
- Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA)
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous (SCA)
Some parts of the world have some or all of these different “fellowships” while other places have fewer choices, if any. There are also online and telephone meetings available.
Each of the 12-step groups for sex addiction defines sobriety a little differently. This is helpful to know when deciding which group to attend. To learn more about the differences between the groups, see this article.